"LIFE IS NOT ABOUT
We bring together teams of bright high potential young people for an experiential learning programme that will build their capacity to develop products and projects that have the potential to change the world.
This is not a charity aid expedition
This is a hands on, on the ground, international enterprise and leadership challenge for high potential emerging leaders.
You will be challenged to use and build your capacities to deliver projects and products that have the potential to strengthen the work of our local delivery partners and the surrounding communities they support.
What should you expect?
You will have the opportunity to develop your self-awareness as well as your enterprise and leadership skills, through self-reflection and hands on opportunities.
You will be working with inspiring organisations to exchange skills, knowledge, and spark new thinking to find solutions for societal challenges both in South Africa and your own country.
We aim to make you unstoppable
Our programme will take you outside of your comfort zone to gain the knowledge, confidence, and skills necessary to tackle the next phase of your life. You will leave understanding how you can play a part in tackling real world business and societal challenges.
We aim to make you unstoppable when you return home.
What happens on our programme?
Prior to flying out to South Africa, we hold a residential training weekend and regular online training sessions, to ensure that you are ready to make the most out of the experience. Our Team Leaders will work closely with you to identify your personal development needs and goals, designing the trip in a way which will support you in achieving them.
In South Africa, cultural activities, visits to communities, and working alongside businesses and NGOs, will expose you to the a side of the country which tourists rarely see. This will give you the cultural insight, network and knowledge needed to research and test your entrepreneurial solutions.
Would you like a sneak-peak?
How much does it cost?
Our two week programme costs £1700 per person. Fees are collected in installments over 6-8 months, and you will receive support and guidance throughout the fundraising process.
What is included within the cost?
- Transport (all travel in South Africa will be covered by our hired drivers and guides in private rented cars)
- Food and drink
- Tourist, cultural and recreational activities, including safari and Zulu village experience
- Experienced Team Leaders (who have experienced the programme first hand)
- A place at our training residential weekend held in the UK prior to the trip
- Series of online training sessions before and after the trip
- Our programme booklet to record your training
- Mentoring and coaching to support your individual development
- A South Africa Challenge Hoodie
- A Fundraising pack, support and guidance
What is not included within the cost?
- Travel insurance
- Spending money (we typically recommend around £80-£100 for souvenirs and gifts)